Fix the Mac question mark folder error step-by-step
mac question mark folder on a MacBook Air 2020
Your Mac has been working fine for years but it suddenly cannot startup today. You only see a Mac flashing folder with question mark on the screen. What to do now? Follow this guide to fix the folder with question mark mac problem yourself before reaching out for professional help.
The Mac question mark folder issue could be caused by many factors. All these factors can be categorized into software-related and hardware-related. In this guide, we will discuss all the factors and provide comprehensive software and hardware solutions to solve the folder with question mark mac not startup problems.
What is Mac question mark folder?
Why do I get the mac question mark folder?
Fix the Mac question mark folder issue step-by-step
1. Reset the default startup disk
2. Repair the startup disk with macOS Utilities
3. Reinstall macOS without losing data
4. Backup data and fresh-install macOS
5. Replace faulty HDD cable
6. Fix incompatible firmware
7. Check faulty lifeboat connector on the logic board
8. Check faulty SSD socket
9. Check faulty hard drive
10. Flash the corrupted EFI firmware
11. Remove the EFI firmware locked
12. Repair the SSD chip power circuit
13. Repair the Intel PCH chip power circuit
One Year Warranty
ADC Empire Plaza, 2nd Floor 183,
Satmosjid Road,12/A Dhanmondi